Friday, October 3, 2008

I’m a cheat




I’ve only juggled relationships a few times in my life, when I wasn't so sure about what I needed and what was being offered.

I’m doing so now – stringing along three like/love interests -- one that seems to offer perspective, another protection and another still, hope.

You know I’m not talking about men, right?

I’m reading three books at once. They’re scattered around the house, and when I spot one, I start reading:

My crushes are:

Time of My Life, by Allison Winn Scotch. Allison speaks to the me of seven years ago when my kids were little, little, little, and my mind was full of big, big, big questions.

Four Wives, by Wendy Walker. Wendy is predicting my future. I just haven’t decided if her tale of four wealthy suburban women is a cautionary one or a celebration of the good life (if you can just open your eyes to it!) Hmm, I can say the same about Time of My Life.

Redeemed, by Heather King. Heather shares her imperfect life and the comfort she finds through religion. I never thought anyone could top Anne Lamott, but as of right now, I say Heather does.

The full scoop on all of these books and more coming soon!
P.S. If anyone can tell me how to put the book cover pictures in a better layout, please let me know. I've tried all I can think of.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I always have a couple of books around at the same time - have you read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? I'm always reading one or more of those!

Carmen, mom to the screaming masses

Candy said...

aahhh, the imperfect life.

this is a good one;-)

Kristen DeDeyn Kirk said...

I'll have to find the Outlander series -- after all this juggling of books I feel like sinking my teeth into ONE author. Thanks for the tip, Carmen!

amiefletch said...

I LOVED "Four Wives" and interviewed the author earlier this year. She's very interesting. Great blog - I adore reading but never have time to scrounge for good books. Will have to visit here regularly!

Jenny said...

Okay, I'm going to read Redeemed. I've come across too many good recommendations for it.

amiefletch said...

I missed the reference to Anne Lamott - who is one of my favorite writers. I will definitely be reading "Redeemed." Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm on my lunch hour making a list for amazon and the library!